Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What Colors can my Dog See?


So my youngest dog, Shala, loves to chase a red laser dot. When the sun goes down, she will beg and beg to have me shine the dot around the yard and have her chase it. Amused, it got me thinking, when she responds to the laser, how much of the red color can she see?

Psychology Today discusses the research scientist did to determine which colors a dog could see and they produced a wonderful color diagram showing the color a dog can see vs what a human can see.

... dogs see the colors of the world as basically yellow, blue and gray. They see the colors green, yellow and orange as yellowish, and they see violet and blue as blue. Blue-green is seen as a gray


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there....
Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate you taking the time to contribute.
--- Patrick H.