Monday, February 23, 2009

Merriam Webster Visual Architectural Dictionary... and other things too


Back in college I purchased a large architectural dictionary to help me learn term and building parts. It was the only one I could find and it was horrible. The dictionary only had a few images describing the building... everything else was spelled out in complete sentences. It was terribly difficult to translate the writing into the visual world. When I got out of school I found better dictionaries which had more drawings than words.

Merriam Webster has a abridged visual architectural dictionary with some of the more popular terms. It is a nice start... however, if you want a very good visual dictionary, check out 'A Visual Dictionary of Architecture' It is one of the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there....
Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate you taking the time to contribute.
--- Patrick H.