though this is tucked away in the foothills of Oklahoma, don't let that lead you astray. The Kerr Center has many amenities that compete with the larger (and pricier) 4 star resorts:
- Stay in the uniquely decorated President rooms in the main house, or take a more secluded room in the nearby cabins (just a short walk from the main house).
- Fantastic views of the Poteau River Valley. I can't seem to stress this enough. It seems like almost every outdoor area has wonderful vistas. This really is a great place to sit and let your mind relax.
- Breakfast in the large dining room.
- Several Seminar rooms
- 24 hour WiFi in the seminar and dining areas, and great cell reception over the entire center.
- Nicely kept grounds with plenty of space to be with friend. It also has many places to sit, relax and escape the hustle and bussel.
- Beautiful Architecture and landscaping.
- They have everything else a nice hotel would have; Pool, AC, good parking, cable, etc.
- Next to the mansion is a museum, which depicts the history and development of Eastern Oklahoma.
- Just 15 minute drive away is the town of Poteau with a variety of stores, food, and friendly people.
- And don't forget the great room rates.
Visit the Kerr Mansion webpage
Robert S. Kerr Conference Center & Museum, the home of the first native born Governor of Oklahoma and long-time U.S. Senator, the late Robert S. Kerr. The Kerr family donated the 11,000 square foot home to the State of Oklahoma in 1978 and it was eventually opened as a Bed-n-Breakfast. The home was started in 1957 and completed in 1960.
The home is now a romantic hide-a-way with meeting facilities for business travelers or seclusion for pleasure travelers. Amenities include 20 lodging rooms and more than 40 beds, three meeting rooms, a large dining area, plus a swimming pool.