Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fixing Outlook


As many of us (me included) have learned, Outlook is about as stable as a house of cards. One rouge sneeze and it refuses to work. This has happened to me three times. The first two times I could not recover the PST database, and this last time I was fortunately able to repair the file.

To repair a damaged Outlook PST file you will need to:
  1. locate your Outlook.pst file
  2. download Microsofts recovery tool (Scanpst.exe) (this is also suppose to be installed with Outlook but I can't find it on either of my two computers.... go figure.
  3. Run Scanpst file.
Again, this helped me 1 out of 3 times, which in my book is not good at all. This is why I have chucked Outlook and have moved over to using Google G-Mail full time. I'll show you how to move to Gmail also in the next blog post!

1 comment:

  1. For settling out such troubles exist outlook pst file repair. It work under all system requirements, uses effective algorithms for restoring outlook information, views final result of working with crashed or lost pst files.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there....
Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate you taking the time to contribute.
--- Patrick H.