Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fixing Outlook


As many of us (me included) have learned, Outlook is about as stable as a house of cards. One rouge sneeze and it refuses to work. This has happened to me three times. The first two times I could not recover the PST database, and this last time I was fortunately able to repair the file.

To repair a damaged Outlook PST file you will need to:
  1. locate your Outlook.pst file
  2. download Microsofts recovery tool (Scanpst.exe) (this is also suppose to be installed with Outlook but I can't find it on either of my two computers.... go figure.
  3. Run Scanpst file.
Again, this helped me 1 out of 3 times, which in my book is not good at all. This is why I have chucked Outlook and have moved over to using Google G-Mail full time. I'll show you how to move to Gmail also in the next blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there....
Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate you taking the time to contribute.
--- Patrick H.